Scholarships for students in Pakistan. Higher Education commission of Pakistan (HEC) has arranged various scholarships opportunities to meritorious candidates of the country. These scholarships are of two kinds. Namely:
1. Foreign Scholarships
These scholarships are offered to those candidates who have a passion for research & development. And they intend to carry on their postgraduate studies abroad in MS leading to PhD programs. These candidates are likely to pursue their educational activities abroad and come back to Pakistan to contribute in the field of research and development in Pakistan.
There also an opportunity for PhD scholarships to universities in leading European and Asian countries with low tuition fees. These countries include Austria, France, Germany, Holland, Sweden, and China etc.
These scholarships programs are:
- MS Leading to PhD Program of Faculty Development
- Overseas Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarship
- International Research Support Initiative Program
- Partial Support for PhD Studies Abroad
- Commonwealth Scholarships
1. Faculty Development of UESTPs/ UETs
Dazzling Pakistani and AJK nationals are eligible for scholarships for higher studies i.e. Ms Leading to PhD. These programs are conducted in European countries like France, Germany, Holland, Sweden, Austria and China. The aim of this program is to strengthening the faculty at existing Universities of Engineering & Technology (UETs).
Eligibility Criteria for Masters leading to PhD Programmes
Pakistani or Azad Jammu and Kashmir nationals
- Minimum of sixteen years of education in the field of science and engineering
- Must have obtained first division or 2.5 or 4 CGPA or 3.5/5 scores which ever is the case.
- Beside the final degree, there should a maximum of two second-division passes in rest of the career.
- Must not obtained less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
- Age limit is 35 years
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of state-owned Universities and Colleges
- 40 years age limit is also applicable for employees of the public sector R & D organizations.
- Must have prerequisite academic qualifications
- Those who have already obtained any HEC scholarship are not eligible.
Local GRE or GAT (General) Test:
Those candidates who have obtained at least 50% marks in the GAT-General tests conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS) should attach a copy of the NTS result card with the application.
How to Apply:
A printed copy of the online application form along with the following documents is required to be submitted:
Photocopies of all educational testimonials
- Degrees attested by HEC
- Photocopy of CNIC
- One page written Purpose of interest in higher studies
- Research Proposal Abstract
- Copy of GAT (General) mark sheet
Government employees need to apply through proper channels
- All scholarships are granted according to the Quota system
- MS degree (18 years) holders will be given preference considering the MS as an additional qualification
- Final Degree must be in the relevant field of study
- Short-listed candidates will be call for interviews
- Awardees will be bound to serve for five years in a Pakistani university after completion of the course
- Admission process will be initiated by the Higher Education Commission